28 Sep Byron Bay Bluesfest Camping
Byron Bay Blues Fest Camping can be problematic. Yes, Byron Bay and surrounds has quite a number of camping grounds, within reasonable distance of the Blues Fest venue – but you need to book early.
Here is a fairly comprehensive list of the camping grounds available (in no particular order).
Please note – ph. Numbers are current at time of writing.
Blues Fest Onsite Camping
Be Quick! This site books out very early. Convenient, but noisy! www.bluesfest.com.au
(ph: 02 66858310)
1. Clarkes Beach Caravan Park (located at Clarke’s Beach – just south of Main Beach towards the Lighthouse. 1 Lighthouse Road (ph: 02 66856496)
2. First Sun Holiday Park – right in town just past the first roundabout (ph: 02 66856544)
3. Belongil Fields – Ewingsdale Rd (main drag heading in to Byron from highway) (ph: 02 66808999)
4. Byron Bay Tourist Village – Ewingsdale Rd (ph: 02 66857378)
5. Suffolk Beachfront Holiday Park – Suffolk Park (south through Byron Bay) (ph: 02 66853353)
6. Broken Head Holiday Park – south of Suffolk Park (ph: 02 66853245)
1. Mullumbimby Leagues Club – offers a unique BluesFest experience. Breakfast available along with a free shuttle to and from the venue (ph: 0405 198866)
2. Mullumbimby Showgrounds – powered and unpowered sites from $25 (including festival surcharge) (ph: 0474 100189)
3. Macca’s Camping (Main Arm Rd west of Mullumbimby) (ph: 02 66845211)
1. Massey Green Holiday Park (ph: 02 66851329)
2. Ferry Reserve Holiday Park (ph: 02 66851872)
3. Terrace Reserve Holiday Park (ph: 02 66851233)
Cabaritta/Bogangar (North along the Pacific Hwy (approx 30 mins from Blues Fest)
1. Cabaritta Beach Caravan Park (ph: 02 66763222)
These are all within a reasonable commute of the Blues Festival site.
Now, that’s the good news. The not so good news ….
Getting to and from your Byron Bay Blues Fest camping site can be problematic! (That is of course, unless you are lucky enough or quick enough to snare a site at the Festival grounds). It can literally take an hour or more just to get out of the carpark. But at the end of the day, ‘it is what it is’.
The second major drama to do with Byron Bay Blues Fest camping is the weather! The Byron Bay Blues Fest is notorious for its wet weather! Held during the Easter Holiday period, the skies seem intent on bucketing down again and again, year after year.
Now, call me ‘soft’ if you will, but the one thing I hate more than not camping at all, is camping in the wet weather – especially in tents! Anyone who has been to the Byron Bay Blues Fest in the rain will tell you, that the site quickly becomes a mud heap. Fancy crawling in to a sopping wet tent during the early hours of the morning – once you finally make it back to your camp site? I hate the thought of it!
Now, ByronCampers can’t do anything about the weather. Nor can we do anything about the traffic and time delays making it back to your Byron Bay Blues Fest camping site. But one thing ByronCampers can do is get you out of a sopping wet tent and up off the ground! ByronCampers has a range of campers available to suit everyone from a family of 5 to the individual. Our ever popular family sized Jayco Eagle, our brilliant Avan Aliners and our rugged Customline Camper Trailer provides the variety in camping accommodation to suit any requirement.
If you are arriving late to your Byron Blues Fest Camping site and the last thing you want to do is ‘set up’ your accommodation, then let ByronCampers do it for you. Just walk in and walk out!
To check out our vehicles, check availability and to make a booking, go to www.byroncampers.com.au and make your Byron Blues Fest Camping a great experience. Or you can call Rob on 0422661621 to discuss your requirements and our services.